CTLC is an ecumenical organization of over 30 local churches working with the support of area business and social service groups to meet basic human needs on a temporary and/or emergency basis. Our staff is composed entirely of volunteers who assist almost 400 families per week. These include homeless people, the elderly, the disabled, and those marginally employed or unemployed.
- If you are a person needing assistance from CTLC, please go to our Services page for a description of the kinds of assistance we offer and our hours of operation.
- If you or your organization would like to volunteer to work during the week in assisting families and individuals who come in for help, please click on our Volunteers page. There are several areas that you can volunteer to work in.
- If you need someone to speak to your group or organization about CTLC, speakers are available. Just call us during Donation Hours (see below) at 254-778-6885 and ask for the director, Chris Ballard, or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we'll set something up.
- If you would like to make a donation of food, clothing and/or household items, please see the Donations page. Financial donations are also needed to purchase many of the food and hygiene items given out – information on how to make such a donation can also be found on this page.
- At times CTLC runs short of certain items that we would normally try to have available to give to the families/individuals who need them. You will find a list of those items on the Current Needs page.
Below is a partial list of partners with CTLC this year:
- Central Counties Services MHMR
- Reaching Out Crisis Ministry
- Temple College
- Temple ISD
- Transformation Station
- True Grind Ministries
- UMHB Pre-Health Professionals Club
Latest News In the CTLC Community
- CTLC wil begin drive-through food distribution Tuesday 3/17/20 during our normal open hours. A line of client's cars will begin at the front door of CTLC and those that qualify will be directed by volunteers through the parking lot to receive their food and commodity boxes. For more information call 254-778-6885.
- CTLC is actively monitoring developments related to COVID-19 (coronavirus). We are taking proactive measures to protect the health and well-being of our clients and volunteers as we continue to serve our community. We still need volunteers to help us get food out to our neighbors who need it, so our volunteer operations are open. In fact, we may need your help more than ever as others may become unable to volunteer. As always, it is our policy that people refrain from volunteer service if they are ill or have been exposed to a communicable disease.
- The Temple Chamber of Commerce has started a Go Fund Me Page for First Responders, Healthcare Workers, the homeless and others during these trying times as COVID-19 continues to unfold and impact our community. The link to donated is as follows. https://www.gofundme.com/f/temple-strong-campaign?utm_source=widget&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=p_cp+share-sheet
- CTLC provided 3,857,890 pounds of food to thousands of families and individuals in 2019. There are 770 children helped by the Weekend Nutrition Ministry each week. We could not provide for so many without the help of our community. Thank you so much.
- The Food For Families Food Drive was a huge success due to YOUR generous giving. Over 235,000 pounds of food was donated to CTLC, Love of Christ, St. Vincent DePaul and Taylor's Valley Food Pantry. Thank you so much for your continued support.
- It's a great time to remind our community to get involved. CTLC always needs donations and volunteers. We never know when someone might be in a food emergency and the food pantry wants to be in the community to help those affected. If someone has lost their job, we're there to help them get through to the next job. When we help our neighbors, we are helping ourselves. We want to thank our donors, churches, and all those that support CTLC because you are the reason we are able to help so many people. We cannot take care of the clients without help from Volunteers.
- WEEKEND NUTRITION MINISTRY -- Each week CTLC provides food for 770 children in 12 Bell County school districts & Teague. A weekly bag filled with food during the school year costs $10/month. Would you like to sponsor a child? Please contact us at 254-778-6885.
- The total pounds of food distributed by CTLC in 2018 was approximately 2,855,160 pounds!
- Backpack Buddy Ministry provides school supplies for children starting the school year.
- Would you like to tour CTLC to see how the pantry is utilizing community donations to meet needs? We are open Monday through Friday for tours -- just call us to schedule a tour. (254-778-6885)
- Pickup and Delivery of Food -- drivers with trucks are needed to pick up food locally and deliver it to CTLC. Volunteers are needed for Mondays & Fridays (8:30-noon) or Wednesdays (6:30-11:30 AM).
- The outreach ministry with Centex Alcohol & Drug Rehab is ongoing. Each week the Rehab center transports 8-to-10 new male residents to CTLC where they are given a Bible, toiletries and clothing within 24 hours of exiting prison. Please pray for these men as they start their 90-day program.
- It takes 35 VOLUNTEERS each day CTLC is open to help clients meet their needs. Volunteers, one or a group, are needed! Several positions are open; filing, computer, and general office skills are helpful. We need someone to drive a pallet jack to move food. Contact us for more information. Volunteer training is held every Wednesday morning from 8:00-9:00.
- We always have a great need for used pew Bibles, paperback or hard cover, if you are needing to find a new home for them.
- We have a great need for able-bodied men to help load and unload and at least 1 man with a pick-up truck to pick up food from TLC and then help unload it at CTLC on Wednesday mornings at 8:00. Anyone who volunteers should be able to lift heavy loads with no problem.